Mental Health Forums

Am I Turning Anorexic

deedeanjackharri

I've suffered for 3 months with my eating, anything I eat I either throw up (not on purpose) or I have terrible stomach pains and the runs. Had all sorts of tests they think it's my anxiety. I've just come out of a psych ward where I didn't eat for 5 weeks ( I obese anyway so no one noticed the weight loss). No food no pain. Now I'm home I've tried a little food and the pains have resumed. I lost 2 stone and didn't find I was missing food, now I'm scared to eat cause I don't want to put on weight what do I do? Any advice welcome xx

have you tried avoiding wheat

we are not trying to minimize the feelings you have about food

we also have lots of issues with it

but also have ibs/gut issues

we are not allergic/intolerant of gluten but it definitely makes us worse and makes us bloated and we avoid 'real' pasta now as it gives us so much pain and upset stomach

just ideas

I thought it may be something like that but it happens when I just eat meat or potatoes. Will bear it in mind though thank you xx

I have a psychologists who keeps saying she will make appointments and never does I haven't seen her for 5 weeks. Bloody nhs

Argh how annoying! You deserve help so I hope you will continue to ask her for an appointment and maybe when you get it you need to calmly tell her its quite upsetting she kept putting you off.

I know that is what I need to do cause it's eating me up inside talk about abandonment issues. I hate confrontation and I don't think I'm very assertive x

Well then here you have a chance to practice being assertive, call up and ask for an appointment, doesnt mean you have to shout or be nasty just calmly remind them youre there and you need and deserve help.

Archived