Mental Health Forums

Exorcism (Sorry,may Trigger)

Eagleheart

I had an exorcism performed on me.

I am sorry if this upsets some of you,but it haunts my poor mind so much,i just needed to speak about it.

And the real tragedy is that i was NOT possessed by the devil.

I was having my first overwhelming episode of psychosis.

But those idiots from that so-called church insisted i was demon posessed.

I was pinned to the bed and they put their hands on my head & shouted for satan to come out of me.It was terrifying.

While that was happening,my house was being trashed.They lit a fire outside & burned so many of my beautiful things,anything they decided was "ungodly".

Listen,i don't want to trigger or upset anyone.It's just that my head is seriously fucked up about it.

That place believed there is no such thing as mental illness.

Anyway,sorry.I could say more but i know it's not really allowed.PLEASE don't be scared.We are all beautiful souls.THAT is the TRUTH.

Oh eagle. I don't even know what to say. It sounds horrible. All of it is horrible and also that they destroyed your beautiful possessions.... Gosh! I'm speechless. No. You were not possessed by evil.

I'm sorry that you went through such horrible experience. :-( Hugs dear eagle.

Oh wow, I'm so sorry Eagle. As a Christian I want you to know that not all of us are so cruel or non-understanding. There is such a thing as mental illness and it's rarely anything to do with the devil or demons. I have no idea who they were but possession is incredibly rare and they had no right to do that to you.

If you need to talk about it with someone that isn't going to freak out or judge you, my inbox is open. I've been through severe psychosis too and it's horrible enough without people assaulting you.

bloody hell how abusive and traumatising are these people

and they are WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

they are blind to the suffering of others and ignorant of what causes distress

if a stranger had come into your home and done those things

'uninvited'

he could have been imprisoned

nothing about what they did to you is right

nothing

I try to keep it locked away but it was a deeply traumatic experience. When I get flashbacks,I am immediately flooded with anxiety & have to work frantically to bury it down deep.

They destroyed irreplaceable, treasured items,such fanatical behaviour. Books,jewellery, ornaments, even a duvet cover that had moons & stars on.

My poor husband was terrified. He just froze with fear. Oh fuck,it's really frightening to remember it all. They totally fucked with my brain,burned how evil & worthless I am onto my mind.

As I describe it,it's so outlandish that it feels like it's a scene from a horror film. I need to stop reliving it. It only increases the damage to my soul.

I once had a religious man perform a ceremony on me to drive demons out of me. It was embarrassing and humiliating.

Never ever put yourself in the middle of these mad men. They often cause much more harm, even according to their own history. I would stay away from people involved in this church or from anyone associated with it. You've enough to deal with than to add fuel to a fire.

We cut all ties with that church a few years ago. The only thing I gained from being involved with them is deeply ingrained psychological damage. It was them who fucked me up years earlier,when I told them I had been raped. I was desperate for spiritual comfort. But what did they do? Put hands on me to pray that my spirit of lust would leave me. A sort of mini exorcism. Its no wonder I'm so fucked up & believe I am inherently evil. I feel imprisoned by a fear of god's punishment & I think I will never be free from it.

I'm sorry I shared all this shit. It's deeply upsetting for me & I hate to think that it may have caused others distress.

I won't write anymore on this subject.

It's all just too much of a head fuck.

A million sorries.

I've never been "exorcised", but prayed over and anointed with oil for physical illness. I often attribute religion ceremony with backward thinking and desperation. I don't believe there's anything I could add - but it doesn't have to be a cut throat ending or a million sorries. Many people may not know how to respond to such activities. I come from a family full of religious zealots who practice all of this except exorcism, and it can screw with anyone's head, even those with no MH issues.

Archived