Mental Health Forums

Data's Real Good Morning

Data

This post is true!

This morning I lead a group of 13 people on a 4-5 mile walk through some nice areas, including these beautiful woods, which have wood carvings and pools and bluebells.

P5310013.jpg

One of the walkers gave me two Ferrero Rocher chocolates for my son :).

Another walker turned out to be my daughter's technology teacher, who apparently is nicknamed Zippy, because the way he talks. I better not tell him that! He was a hell of a nice guy and we had a great chat. He took a funny photo of me balancing on a log!

When we got back I went into town and saw my work colleague Vernon doing morris dancing. He wore a red costume with bells on his shoes and flowers in his hair and his dancing was amazing!

I went to Wilko to buy some milk and got talking to the checkout operator, called Chenise, she told me she has just finished 3 months voluntary work in a primary school, they couldn't pronounce her name so they called her Chinese! What is even more impressive is she has no particular aim to be a teacher, she just likes voluntary work with young people.

My wife made me an excellent egg and mushroom dinner.

I've just sat down with my son and did his maths homework with him. I've been neglecting his homework a bit, its my fault. I am good at maths and my son doesn't do the homework. But we had a really productive half hour and he made great progress. I'm definitely going to sit down with him more regularly from now on.

So an excellent morning !

You redeemed yourself Data! Honestly, I am glad you had a nice time! By the way, reading this post really made my morning and I got a good belly laugh. After all of the silly trouble of your previous post, I think the title of this post was very funny. There is definitely a humorous part of your personality Data that is nice when it shows through - Detroitguy

Thanks Detroitguy. I just looked up Detroit on the map and I think if I ever go there I'd like to visit Belle Isle :).

Wow that's amazing.. well done! Looks amazing.. what a great morning. I hope the rest of the day has been just as good :)

Thanks Jenny and Steve.

Here is a photo of me on this morning's walk.

The afternoon I did lots of tidying which wasn't exactly nice but it was really constructive, I feel good after clearing out all the rubbish. And my kids went to parks which was nice for them :).

You look lovely :) So glad you have had a good morning followed by a constructive afternoon. Here's hoping you have a great evening :)

Archived