Mental Health Forums

aripiprazole

flutterby

My consultant has just contacted my doctor as he wants me to start on aripiprazole at a lowe dose whilst being tapered off amulsulpride and then increase with the aripiprazole of the course of weeks.

Has anybody been/ are on this med and could give me some useful advice/experiences on it please?

Im not sure what to expect, my consultant said I may feel a little agitated and to ride it out so i may ask my doctor if she will prescribe me some diazepam to help with agitation as that usually stresses me out a lot and i dont want to self harm. Im also very sensitive to medication generally. I was increased 10mgs of citalopram on top of my usual 20mgs that I take but I had to stop it within two days as i was feeling so inner restless.

Im just wondering what to expect really, whether it will make me tired or spaced out (which i dont really mind tbh as it help with my anxiety) or whether it will increase or decrease my appetite and more importantly help to stop what i see and hear. Oh and how long it took for it to kick in.

thankyou :wub:

Im on aripiprizole 30mg, I am supposed to take it in a morning as it keeps me awake and counteracts some of the other meds I take at night.  Cant remember how long it took to kick in as it was a long time ago that I started it.  It doesnt stop ALL of my psychosis but it does help greatly, compared to what I used to be like.  Not sure the gp will prescribe the diazepam as its hard to tell how the new med is working if you add in another too.  It doesnt make me sleepy at all and it hasnt increased my appetite like many of the others did and it has helped with the seeing and hearing things.  

Hope this helps a little, good luck with it x

Archived