Mental Health Forums

Lucky Pete!

Charlie1986

So yesterday we went to formby beach. I didn't really want to go but my girlfriend did so I made the effort to get ready. We went with her best friend and her best friends boyfriend. 

We were walking through the woodland to get too the sand dunes and the boyfreind shouted I've just seen two otters running across the path. When we got to where he was the "otters" turned out to be a weasel trying to kill a baby rabbit. 

We saved him! We threw sand at them and the weasel ran away. The rabbit ran too but when we carried on walking we found him about a hundred metres away collapsed from exhaustion. We picked him up which tells me he was in shock.

His name is Lucky Pete!

We kept him with us for ages to let him rest and he fell asleep on the best friend. He was released back about 2 hours later after he had got his energy back. Here is me and Lucky Pete.image.thumb.jpg.430b417699ec640c555f4a87

Thats a lovely story :).  I looked at Formby on the map and it said the beach is National Trust, I bet its nice :).

He was cute the weasel however was not and it was only a baby. I probably shouldn't have interfered in nature but I couldn't watch it happen.

Thats a lovely story :).  I looked at Formby on the map and it said the beach is National Trust, I bet its nice :).

It is a beautiful place data. You'd love it for your hikes. It's hard to walk on the dunes though. The sand dissapeard underfoot haha. You get a proper work out but it's the perfect balance of woodland and beach. 

Here is the beach yesterday.

image.jpg

Archived