Mental Health Forums

relapse and guilt

flutterby

Im not sure if im going through a relapse, its been about 4 days of restriction. Tonight i purged and I havnt done that in years, but i felt i had to to try and stop the mental pain. Now im still in mental pain and worrying and feel guilty and ashamed for eating.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to handle these emotions? i just want to sleep tonight but i feel its going to be a long night feeling this way and just wanting to cry. Ive had a bad stomach today and i have a condition so being sick makes me feel like less of a fraud but at the same time im quite pleased i purged, that just makes me feel twisted. 

Its been quite a while since my last relapse and im scared for anyone to find out because i dnt thinkk they could handle it again.

please any advice on how to deal with these terrible emotions would be great.

Thankyou

• 1 month later...

the fact that you are on this site asking for help shows that you do have it in you.  Its not easy dealing with these emotions and sometimes our heads can become so irrational that we do things we dont mean to do.  Just start the day fresh and dont be so hard on yourself.  Good luck

Archived