Mental Health Forums

I'm feeling ok right now

Data

I'm feeling ok right now, I think that's all I can say.  I might feel terrible in an hour, or even better, but in some ways how you feel right now is what is important.

On Friday I walked to work, it took me an hour (its 3.3 miles).  After work we had a social event, complete with bouncy castles. There was a free bar and a free burger van.  I had quite a lot to drink but so did many other people.  I even tried chilli vodka, it was nasty lol.  I bought £10 worth of charity lottery tickets and I won a £20 restaurant voucher and a Microsoft Tablet device :).  Its really great, a little computer.

On Saturday my 14 year old daughter went to a show, and she did 20 minutes of clarinet playing with the youth orchestra, and she got a whole day's free entrance to the show.  She bought us back a nice pack of jam/marmalade/chutney :).  I am very proud of her musical talents.

I managed to get a first coat of paint on the gate out the back of our house on Saturday.

I did some research for my walking group yesterday and I've found an alternative route yesterday around some building work by some nice lakes.  When I went home I scheduled some nice walks for the group.  I already have 12 signed up for the walk around the lakes.  One of the other walks I scheduled was for 1st of August, and it goes through a nice area with lots of flowers, so I think my group will like it.

Today my wife went to work and I took the kids out to Much Wenlock, a small pretty town.  They are holding the Wenlock Olympian Games at the moment - it is the forerunner of the modern Olympic Games.  We visited a free museum, got my wife a reduced-price pack of gourmet chocolates, and went for a walk to an old windmill.  I took this photo of a dove, which was just strutting around the high street of the town!

P7120120_resized.thumb.jpg.1156262730f7f

Then we went to my mother-in-laws and had an excellent meal - I ate duck.  Then to my mums - she is in France - water her plants - 45 mins of the kids and I mucking about with watering cans :).

I have to go to work tomorrow but I feel like I've had a good weekend.

It sounds really good, I am glad you and your family are able to find moments to counter balance the rough days.

Archived