Mental Health Forums

newwbiiiee!

imthatgirl

hello, I'm a newbie here.

I don't even know where/how to start about myself.. I'm 99% I have BPD, but I'm so scared to bring it up to somebody. I'm not even sure how I would go about it.. I already suffer from Generalized Anxiety Disorder, so that doesn't help.

Anyways, here's hoping I find the courage to start talking to somebody.

Welcome imthatgirl!

I haven't been on here so long either. In was diagnosed with BPD this summer in July. Was a shock, hadn't heard of it before or knew anything about it. I knew there was something 'wrong' with me because I had a history of depression, psychosomatic illnesses etc...

So you are ahead of me, already knowing so much about yourself and how you are to consider this diagnosis. Are you seeing a therapist, or have you spoken to you GP about your feelings on this?

Hope you find out soon not knowing is difficult. But there are a lot of people on here who will listen and understand.

Take care Elizabeth

Hello and welcome ((((imthatgirl))))), This forum has helped me a lot re wondering what on earth is going on with me.............It was suggested to me to go to my GP, who then referred me to the Mental Health Team...............It wasn't all plain sailing and as to a diagnosis of BPD, which like you I'm 99% sure I have...........well, even to this point there is nothing definitive, except that I was encouraged to have intensive therapy and look towards healing myself rather than concentrating on any diagnosis..............I think it would help me to have a diagnosis but every time I bring it up, there is reluctance...........I wish you well on your healing and discovering journey ...............lots of good reading here.............again, :welcomeani:

Archived