Mental Health Forums

Newbie desperately needing help...

Shalaway

Can someone help me please. I was diagnosed with BPD in September last year.

Lived with it for 41 years prior!

Anyway attended S.T.E.P.P.S course following OD in December last year when my life turned upside down and I became a single parent again.

Completed the course and was ready to return to work only to be told I couldn't because when social services got involved following my asking for help with

my sons behaviour at school they decided that I MUST BE THE PROBLEM as the community paediatrician does not agree that has a spectrum disorder.(All in my head apparently!)

On the 7th July 2015 I had to attend a child protection meeting where it was suggested that my "mental health diagnosis" apparently puts all three of my children 15, 13 & 7 in POTENTIAL

EMOTIONAL HARM and I now have to adhere to social services dictating our lives. All three names added to the child protection register.

My son is so confused and the girls are desperate to come home. We are all struggling terribly with this blow to our family.

Presently my 15 & 13yr old live with my ex husbands parents and my son 7 lives at home with me during the week and has to travel 60miles away to my parents every weekend and attend after school club during the week so he actually has limited time with me. Am effectively only babysitting my own child so he can attend school. 

How can I stop the local authority from discriminating against me and take my children home without a court order being induced.

I have done nothing wrong. My children are not in any danger

Archived