Mental Health Forums

this place is so sad now

walker

it is barren

most old members have disappeared or given up

there seems endless people come here for answers to things we cannot solve

twice now I have seen posts from new members - in the 'noticeboard' section - which we are not even able to post in - so how is that happening??

how do we know we are safe here anymore?

pages are still very slow to load

and of course there is nothing done about any of it

it is hard to come here now

I so agree which I why I no longer post, I have been so depressed and used to turn to here but now I don't. It is sad and its sad that those who ruined it haven't even tried to sort it they obviously don't care. Hugs walker xx

I agree walker.  Despite all the problems I've had with this place in the past, I really miss it.  I learned a lot about how to relate to other people from this forum.  In the past it was a tremendous support for me.  And I feel like I have contributed a lot.

But its dying a death now :(.

it certainly is

I have been here 7 years and this is the saddest and loneliest it has ever been,

like you I have learned so much here

about relating to others, about my diagnosis, about the strength to be had in invisible but understanding friendships

we are all in different places now

but it is still causing me so much sadness

I find too that the stride I once had about blogging has become very deflated. I use to like writing it and I hope with my work that will be close to home again, I will find that place in my. My life has changed so much and I have learned to cope and open up, more than I ever have. So, I do have better skill to deal life much better, but I have taken great comfort in the just knowing this place hums along in the background.

It does seem incredibly slow both in foot traffic and just loading pages from time to time.

You know I am on another forum what had the same update as this place and it does NOT run slow like this, Or still have the trouble like this one does!!!... 

Just goes to show, If their bothered about this place, It would be fixed and not left like this...

Hello all. 

I just view some posts now but as someone who has been here a good few years too I would like to offer insights.

the way people communicate is evolving - the satisfaction of instant responses becoming ever more popular and validating too. Before this software upgrade I noticed traffic on here falling steeply. Many posts went unanswered or long responses were just invalidated by no further replies. To me it was taken over by the very few and always in one area. When responses didn't come within 30 minutes, a guaranteed status update would happen that incited guilt - "no one cares" etc. 

The many before the software upgrade had been silenced so to speak and moved elsewhere. And with bpd symptoms needing constant validation from instant responses to post I believe people have found other outlets for it.  Of course this upgrade has made things worse and an apparent lack of traffic and input from ALL not just the few needy or few moderators has damaged the forum. 

A community has its members at heart. All of its members. Caring for all their members. Childish taunts, fights, trolls, need to throw things out of the pram for lack of responses (and we all know many topics over the years where this has happened) has meant most to concede that there's no point in posting in this "who is worse than who" environment. 

It it is my opinion though different to all so far but one that has been observed over time. 

• 3 weeks later...

What on earth happened to this place? I've been away for a bit and come back and it's like a graveyard. 

Why has everyone disappeared? Is there something we can do to get people coming back?

Giving up surely shouldn't be an option!! x

I think I'll stick around here as long as possible.  I have an attachment to this place.

I was a member of another forum, Talk Depression, which sadly shut down permanently.

It is now.  I have been away in hospital for 3 months and now I have come home and back to this place it is practically dead.  It is so sad.  I really used to enjoy coming here, to get or give advice or just to be heard.  I will try and stick around but I feel out of place having been away for so long anyway let alone there actually being very few people I remember still here...

• 1 month later...

It is sad to come on here and see so few posts- but also nice to see so many old friends on this thread.

Maybe we could all arrange a day/time to come online when we know there will be other people there to reply?

• 2 weeks later...

I'd just like to pop in and say hi. Things have been pretty hectic with me and I've had a few admissions. I kind of lost touch with this place. I came on this morning though because I was feeling low and remembered that I used to find comfort in here. I'm very sad to hear that the site has taken a nosedive. Although it is nice to see some old members popping up and still trying to keep the support going.

• 4 months later...
On 24/10/2015 at 11:00 PM, Joshua said:

Here as long as you all are ;)

Thank you Joshua.  You have no idea how much of a safety net this place is/has been over the years for so many people.  :)

Archived