Mental Health Forums

Art

wordsmithy

Its been so long since I posted any of my artwork (*blows the dust off*) I want to show you want I've been up to in 2015. These are some mixed media painting/drawings that I've done. 

V__B6B1_zpsl2otkc3w.jpg

richardb2_zpsjvdqrxl5.jpg

Any good? I hope you don't think they're too terrible. :)

Its kind of new for me to paint on this scale, I'm used to tiny drawings. Also I've used A LOT of charcoal, I've basically fallen in love with charcoal, it has a dirty, cave man scrawing on the walls, expressive, children's crayon drawings feel to it. Perfect for me when making perfect microscopic pencil drawing is too much anxiety for me.

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 6:16 AM, Saharah Blue said:

Wordsy, I love it, it's so expressive and the yellow green really pops from the somber portrait. As always, nice work.

Thanks Sah, I am so glad that you remember me and that you loved it! I'll be starting work on some more soon, if it looks any good I'll post them here.

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 7:07 PM, walker said:

beautiful work

Thanks walker! Long time no see! Hope you're doing ok.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ooh, charcoal is so much fun to work with, as long as you can get past the horrible drying thing it does to your hands.  I hate that bit.  When I want to get away from that I use India ink instead.

Do you ever use chalk with your charcoals for white highlights?  That always gives a nice effect too.

Please post more if you can!  :)

Archived