Mental Health Forums

RIP to my old mate

Tray

found out on mon that my best mate from school had passed away. We was mates from primary school, throu high school and after...

as we got older we didnt keep in touch so much, she had kids early on, and i moved away from the area, only about 10mins in the car, but back then in the mid 90's there wasnt all this social media, or constant txting... we eventually swapped numbers nbut then she must have changed hers, not seen or spoke to her in a year.

She was an alcoholic, pretty much from leaving school... she had a lot of issue's, her youngest daughter was born severely ill due to her drinking. She started to suffer from her drinking, but never stopped. She became a nan a few years ago as well...

She died from organ failure due to the drinking... it would have been her 40th birthday the end of this month...

Dead from drink aged 39, leaving behind 3 daughters and a grandchild...

RIP Vicki, im sorry we was not in touch more at the end, you were a great friend throu the years, and we had some laughs... hope you can find peace from the demons inside now xxx

I'm sorry for your loss Tray. It is really easy to drift apart from people probably even when you do have them on facebook. I know you're a lovely person so I'm sure you gave her lots of support that made a difference to her. Like Jenny says I hope you're taking care of yourself xxx

it was the funeral yday, it was nice, as far as funerals go...

made me think of the times we had had over the years

thank you x

Archived