Mental Health Forums

Children and anxiety

Tray

Keera has been having palpitations for a year now. She has had various blood teats and heart monitors. The last was a 48 hour recording. The results are back. Had a letter saying its normal so that means its anxiety related. I really dont think it is  shes not a worrier or anxious at all. Shes doing brill at school. Loves going. Has lots of friends. Goes swimming and fitness classes. Is outgoing and confident. The episodes happen at any time and mostly she doesnt know they are happenening. Its only cause you can physically see her heart start beating throu her chest you no it is and she starts sighing like she trying to get a breathe in. Im scared she has 'caught' it from me. I dont want her to have a heart issue. But i dont want her growing up the same as me. I seriously dont know what to do 

Gee thats a hard call isnt it? You want the best for her and what would be best?

As youre her mom I think you know her well and you think there is an issue right? Maybe you need to push for more tests? I think its always better to know what the issue is so that it can be handled, and if youre worried about how it will be handled youre still the mom. Youre the boss. Its better then having her walk around with an unattended issue...Have you talked to her about it, maybe she can shed some light, like mention maybe how it feels or anything that could be a hint asto the underlying issue wheater it be body or anxiety....

Good luck!

Archived