Mental Health Forums

Carer assistance

artemis84

Does anyone here have any experience of using carers for mental health issues?  I mean like the people who come in for half an hour to help you with stuff? For example, I am quite often in and out of crisis at the moment (more so than ever before) and finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning, get in the shower, have breakfast and then cook / eat a healthy meal in the evening.  I have found a local charity who offers the service to help me do all that but I am wondering if I am over-reacting or whether it will help.

Opinions anyone?

fapply, the worst thing they can say is no possibly due to so many poor and disabled people being treated by the DWP, but good luck.

I put the word out myself on facebook to find out where i can get an 'appropriate adult' as I get fobbed of easily due to funding cuts, doctors tend to fob me off, and drug agencies etc.

Quite a few years ago I was a volunteer for MIND. I became a 'befriender' for them, whereby I committed to visiting someone at least twice a week and mainly listen.

The type of help that I think youre asking for, I haven't heard of except in the most severe cases.

Sorry I can't give you any better info than that.

Archived