Mental Health Forums

Hi from Emogirl

pepsimeg

Hi all

Its been over a year since I last posted. Hope you all well.

Things are great. Ive had 3 years of private therapy for D.I.D and I can happily say that I am now intergrating nicely. Must admit it was scarey at first as I always wondered what it mean or didn't understand how I would feel or what it felt like to be intergrated.

But I can safely say its amazing to feel complete (almost) and I actually feel like a real person I am hardly detached. Few years ago I could never even dream that I would know how that felt. 

There are days and times that detatchment can start to happen but my therapist has worked with me at recognising the early warning signs.

Well it would be foolish to say im cured as theres still a few parts we need to work on. But majority of the time Im functioning as someone whos not as split into many parts. 

Anyway enough for now. Im sure I wll be back to talk more indepth about it.

Look forward to catching up with you guys and also to tell you lots of news about the future with my amazing partner daisycat 

Best wishes

Emogirl

It's so lovely to hear that you are doing so well Emo and long may that continue!!!!

So often, especially when I am 'in the thick of it' I lose sight of the fact that things can and do get better.

Your post has given me hope, and even a little smile as I type!

Well well well Emo it's nice to see you around again!!!... Very glad to hear things are great for you these days and how therapy has helped you out :], Also pleased to see yourself and Miss Daisycat still together... 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm so glad things are going well for you Emo. Your therapist sounds great though it's not just the therapist, you must have worked very hard too and it's so good to hear you sounding so happy and positive. Everything must feel so different and it's so good you are embracing all the positives of that. I hope you come back soon (though I'm not here much either) xxx

It is wonderful to read about your recovery, There are so many older members that are coming back now to let people know how they have improved and how they are leading happier lives. It is a real message of hope about the potential to improve the quality of our mental functioning and lives, I love your words thank you for sharing. xoxo Sah

• 2 weeks later...

Archived