Mental Health Forums

Hot Weather 'Trigger'

neilh

I'm not if this a common trait but when ever the summer come round and the temperature goes up, I feel it is affecting my mood!  As a life long ginger with a light complexation I have always been prone to sunburn and overheating, however' Hot weather definitely makes me irritable and generally low in mood.  For many years I have battled during the summer months to function in the heat but can remember lot of times when I have totally 'lost it' in the heat.

This summer I have decided to change thing's, I will not go out in the heat and instead will relax indoors with the fan, curtains drawn and with a cool drink. Why battle against something that is not doing you any good. Role on winter!

I sympathise

although I like it sunny and bright

I hate it hot

and it makes me more panicky

also it means I cant hide myself inside jumpers and raincoats

11 hours ago, neilh said:

I'm not if this a common trait but when ever the summer come round and the temperature goes up, I feel it is affecting my mood!  As a life long ginger with a light complexation I have always been prone to sunburn and overheating, however' Hot weather definitely makes me irritable and generally low in mood.  For many years I have battled during the summer months to function in the heat but can remember lot of times when I have totally 'lost it' in the heat.

This summer I have decided to change thing's, I will not go out in the heat and instead will relax indoors with the fan, curtains drawn and with a cool drink. Why battle against something that is not doing you any good. Role on winter!

Sounds like me.

I have olivey skin but I am depressed and hearing everyone out happy makes me feel even more sad inside.

I don't even know why I am sad inside, and many a hot day I have stayed in bed with the fan on, but the sun is a nutrient and can help combat depression by stimulating feel-good chemicals in our brain.

I hate dressing flimsy too, I like hiding under layers of clothes and long swweaters.

Archived