Mental Health Forums

Reintroduction: 6 Years On

DaddyJay

I've been back and forth in my mind about coming back here... so many memories. I look over some of my old content and see many names with whom I shared many experiences, some of those names are still here, I see. It brings it all back. I first found this site back in 2008, at a time when I was delving into a deep depression and saught support from others in similar situations. This place gave me great comfort throughout my episode of depression and I stuck around for around 2-3 years, even becoming a Mini-Mod at one point (good times!). I made my last post here 4 years ago and decided not to look back. Until now...

For those of you who don't know me, you can call me Jay, I'm 28 years old and have 2 kids. I'm currently studying at university, which is quite scary and stressful at times, but I push on threw. I periodically experience episodes of depression, however, none have been as severe as the episode that first brought me here. I haven't experienced an episode for quite some time now, however, another issue is starting to take over more and more; anxiety. I will talk more about that in threads to come, but for now, I just wanted to reintroduce myself to everyone here. I look forward to getting to know some of you.

@Joshua I'm not sure if you'll remember me, but it's great to see you're still keeping this place going. I still have your book that you signed and sent to me, which I still read periodically. :)

Hi Jay, speaking as a newbie, its lovely to have an 'old hand' back.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your journey.

Kim

welcome back Jay, I remember you from before, I have noticed that the forum has slowly become a return of all the oldies :) nice to see you around.

• 1 month later...

Archived