Mental Health Forums

PDD?

zenry1213

hi im new here. im just wondering does anyone have a diagnosis of PDD/dysthymia. no one ever seem to of heard of this and i feel really alone in my diagnosis xx

I am diagnosed BPD or EUPD as it's now known.

What does PDD mean? I googled it and it means pervasive developmental disorder, wilipedia says " It's terrible that we're basically given a 'kill your child' or be forced into giving them a potential awful start to live. "

I think it's linked with autistic spectrum disorders, but don't take my word for it.

Wikipedia also says " The pervasive developmental disorders are pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS), which includes atypical autism and is the most common; autism, the best-known, now understood to be part of a spectrum; Asperger syndrome; Rett syndrome; and childhood disintegrative disorder (CDD).[1] " so, you could ask your mh workers to specify which of the disorders you have, as to me, it possibly, sounds like a group of disorders.

You could look up each of these disorders and see which ones relate to you the most.

I did that with borderline and it only took me 7yrs to get diag.

I didnt know this was a borderline forum, i only used it cos so many posts related to my own situation and feelings and kept seeing BPD mentioned, which I thought meant bipolar, yet bipolar does not resemble my condition, so iin the end, I posted on here asking what BPD was.

hope that helps

PDD stands for persistant depressive disorder. its a chronic form of depression that will last decades or even your whole life. i also have BPD alongside PDD xx

1 minute ago, zenry1213 said:

PDD stands for persistant depressive disorder. its a chronic form of depression that will last decades or even your whole life. i also have BPD alongside PDD xx

Big hugs to you, that sounds terrible.

I abuse drugs, not every day and on the days I'm not, I cry constantly.

1 minute ago, successful_workthru said:

Big hugs to you, that sounds terrible.

I abuse drugs, not every day and on the days I'm not, I cry constantly.

thank you and massive hugs right back. im not advocating dru use/abuse but when life is this shit i think if you can find a coping mechanism that helps,even just a tiny bit then we should use that xx

3 minutes ago, zenry1213 said:

thank you and massive hugs right back. im not advocating dru use/abuse but when life is this shit i think if you can find a coping mechanism that helps,even just a tiny bit then we should use that xx

I will find a healthier coping mechanism. I just have to believe in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive heard of this. Those are both about feeling depressed almost always right? I am so sorry to hear it. You are not alone I promise, a lot of people here suffer from severe depressions. its just they may have a different label but a lot of us understand the feelings and suffering that goes with PDD and Dysthemia.Youre most welcome to talk about it here, maybe it will help you to hear from others and know youre not alone in this.

Lily

hugs, depression is awful, I nearly tried to take my own life last christmas, but I was stopped, as the doctor said the drugs I had would not kill me.

Archived