Mental Health Forums

Trifluoperazine

maddy harper

Hi

was put on trifluoperazine at the end of may

2 mg but things aint going well

my house has been taken over by instruments being played in a horible way and no matter where i go in the house i cant get away from them

i feel trapped

my shrink was meant to call me this afternoon to talk about how i was getting on and he never called me

called mental out of hours comunity mental health team this evening to get the shrink to call me tomoro morning as i am not coping

got an appointment with him on the 15th but i don't know what i'm supposed to do in the mean time

i'm really struggling and it seems like there is no help when you need it and interference when you don't

there is no middle ground....

if i didn't have my guinea pig to look after or support workers to get up for i wouldn't get out of bed at all

I feel so ill!!!

my head feels like its gonna crack because everything is really loud and i cant handle it...

people sound like they shouting at me when they're not

somethings went wrong with my internal mixing desk and everything is at full volume

its sending me mad....

Managed to get some sleep with the help of temazepam from my other half last night so i was really greatful for that

stilll waiting for c m h t to sort their shit out but i think i'll be waiting a while...

aaaaarg!!!

The shrink called me back

he wants me to increse the trifluoperazine by 2 mg on a bad day such as today and only have 2 on a good day

at least there is some kind of plan  

I have been reading your thread but didn't gave anything useful to say :wacko:

Sorry it takes such a long time !! My CMHT is pretty hit and miss too. They should be offering me more support at the moment because things are pretty bad, but, they are dragging their heels to say the least.

I really hope the extra 2mg helps or at least helps makes things more bearable. I can't bear it when your brain feels like it going to explode. I went through a long phase of hearing 2 voices - 1 loud aggressive one and 1 whispery irritating one all at the same time. I thought I was looking my mind. 

Sending hugs. 

Its a nightmare when i have to listen to out of tune instruments

because i play instruments my self i cant stand it if there is something out of tune

you can imagine what an entire string section of an orkestra sounds like when they refuse to tune up and they get flatter and flatter as time goes on...

thanks to 3 days of sleep with the help of temazepam clouds i feel much better

the issue's if i don't sleep right i hear things and if i hear things i cant sleep

so it goes on and on...

have asked for a new care co-ordenater as the one i did have was a load of shight

so i will be called on monday by the head of the team i'm under to tell me who is taking over my case and when i will see them... Will let you know how it goes....

• 2 weeks later...

Well i aint had a call about replacement care co-ordonater and its been a week now

what i don't understand is this, why leave it till someone gets in a crisis before doing anything??

surely it would be better to stop it from happening in the 1st place...

• 4 weeks later...

Still on trifluoperazine but i think its crap to be honest

the issue now is that i'm on the last available drug for my condition so hope more become available in the next fiew years or i'm gonna be fucked

Sorry to hear you aren't benefiting from the drug Maddy. (To be honest I have never heard of it so can't really comment on it.)  I have just come off Quetiapine - that I have been on for years and had it replaced by ablify. My sleep is becoming so disrupted, it's horrible so I can empathise with your earlier comments there.  And I also agree that people should act before a crisis not wait for it to happen first.  My crisis team are discharging me tomorrow despite saying I am high risk but that is covered in my own thread so mustn't take over yours!

Nice to see you as ever by the way. X

• 3 weeks later...

Trifluoperazine is on the d v l a list of band drugs for being able to drive on

its turning my echo location off so i am walking in to shut doors. Walls. Falling up the stair case and shit like that

its crap

i don't like quitiapine or Abilify as they both made me feel really angry

glad to see you posting arty

Thanks Maddy, nice to see you too.

Sorry you are still having issues with your drug - walking into things must be so painful and frustrating when you have learnt to navigate them in normal circumstances. Can you talk to your doctor at all? Maybe there is something to help with the side effects???

I am angry all the time anyway so the ablify hasn't really affected that!  And the DVLA currently have my driving license as my psychiatrist banned me from driving almost a year ago - supposedly temporarily but it's lasting longer than I expected..... That wasn't directly related to medication though, more dissociation. Anyway....

• 2 months later...

I seem to have levelled off a bit and copying with the Trifluoperazine much better than i was. Thank fuck for that. The problems just seemed to be going on and on.

Its been the best anti psychottic i've been on so far regarding side effects. I've had my side effects pill switched from Trihexyphenadyl to Procyclodine and thats much better at getting rid of the restlessness and need to pase. Now if only my feet would go back to normal and stop having hard skin all over the bottom of them, that would be great!!

Still having issue with my echo location but at least there is an improvement where the voices/instruments i am hearing is conserned.

Thats a big help at least. 

Archived