Mental Health Forums

How long does it take to get an advocate

successful_workthru

I'm a drug addict, but I don't take drugs to get high, I take them to get through the day, cos this borderline lark is real painful as we BPD'ers know, especially if its got CPTSD involved like me.

I am on 75mgs valium. My psychiatrist said he would taper me off 75mg, but wanted advice from the drug agency.

I was glad about that, but today, my CPN rang and said that the drug agency wanted to assess me first and couldn't say if they would allow me to start off on 75mg. I'm not stable enough to start tapering yet, but hope to be in a few weeks.

Anyway, I am worried, as my friend, who has no mental illness, was on 100mg valium equivalent and they would only give him 30mg so he relapsed and is taking more than ever now.

I'm tapering pregabalin, again, not prescribed, but its going well, cos i get a signature headache from the back of my head when I need to reduce my cut, so its going like a dream. I was on 600mg at xmas now on 174mg.

Anyway, I'm scared shitless, cos if they only give me 30mg valium, I will be very ill, and I spoke to the lady who runs www.bataid.org, and she suggested I get an advocate. Rethink run our advocacy services, and I want to know, does anyone know how long it will take for them to sort me out with one? thank

Hi SW,

I have a mh advocate ( for what it's worth ) and was able to meet her within a few days of requesting one. However, I don't think rethink run our services.

Good luck with all the tapers etc. X

22 hours ago, artemis84 said:

Hi SW,

I have a mh advocate ( for what it's worth ) and was able to meet her within a few days of requesting one. However, I don't think rethink run our services.

Good luck with all the tapers etc. X

I'm a rethink member, so I hope they treat me well. Rethink took over our advocacy service a while ago.

SW,

How long have you been a rethink member? Do you find you get a lot of benefit? When I looked into that it seems they just send you a magazine from time to time?

Forest

On 01/08/2016 at 4:07 PM, ForestP said:

SW,

How long have you been a rethink member? Do you find you get a lot of benefit? When I looked into that it seems they just send you a magazine from time to time?

Forest

Hi, nearly a year, my next dd comes out soon, but I rang the membership team and they said I did not need to be a member to access their services. They reminded me I paid £24odd last year, and I bet they do let the members jump the queue, sommat makes me suspect that, dunno, mebbe its me being cynical?

sorry for late reply ^^ just catchhing up emails. these msgs come through my email so i dont miss them, but am a bit slow lately

• 1 month later...

Phytoscience Double Stemcell for Migraines .

The most common auras are visual, such as flickering lights, spots, or lines. "You may see a little jagged line that will develop some cross hatches, and it might sort of move in a curved direction Double Stemcell generate cell and stop problem which we see on migraine.:- For More Visit.

.................................................................................................

[url=http://www.doublestemcells.org/] Phytoscience [/url]

• 4 months later...

Pharmascience medicine for Hemorrhoids Diseases.

Hemorrhoids: Dilated (enlarged) veins in the walls of the anus and sometimes around the rectum, usually caused by untreated constipation but occasionally associated with chronic . Diarrhea Symptoms start with bleeding after defecation. If untreated, hemorrhoids can worsen, protruding from the anus. Treatment involves changing the diet to prevent constipation and avoid further irritation, the use of topical medication, and sometimes surgery.Pharmascience very good work on piles problem.

For more visit

Hemorrhoids

Archived