Mental Health Forums

Superdrug

lonelyheartemma

Does anyone know how the prescriptions work at Superdrug? They have switched me onto a new system that's called something like 'electronic prescriptions' but I don't know how it works and I don't want to ask the pharmacist because she talks to me like I'm mud on her shoe and every time I talk to her I am standing there digging my nails into my palms because I feel like I'm a bad bad person and I shouldn't exist. There is a really lovely lady there too, she's the one who signed me up for the electronic thing and I keep going in there, hoping to see her but so far it's always been the scary lady. I'm really worried she knows what I'm doing because last time I peeped out from behind the aisle and she gave me a look and I ran out of the shop, I was so scared. I looked at the website but I can't find any details of how prescriptions work on there. It doesn't say what I need to do or the right thing to say. The pharmacist lady always acts like I'm saying the wrong thing but I don't know what the right thing is.

Hi Em,

I am sorry that I can't give you any  specific info as to how they work.

I just wanted to say, please remember you are not mud on anyone's shoe. You deserve to be helped in a respectful manner.

Good luck!

It's not you Emma, and it's not just superdrug either - all dr's surgeries and/or pharmacies are slowly swapping to using (one day no doubt only) electronic prescriptions.  It just means that the prescription gets sent there electronically (with your permission) straight from your GP to save having to faff around with printed ones - until you have to sign them at the pharmacy, so doesn't seem to be saving trees!

And it should also mean that they can order your repeat prescriptions more easily too.

You just need to go in and say you are expecting a prescription for x and your name is y and they should know where it is. If it hasn't worked for some reason then the pharmacist is bound to give you an explanation!

No need to stress :D xx

Thank you Artemis for explaining and Kimboski for offering support

So really it's the same thing except I don't have to remember where I put the bits of paper?

I'll go and sort it out tomorrow and hope she isn't there. I know I'm a freak, but part of her job should be pretending I'm not.

Yup, and remember you have the choice to register for electronic prescriptions at any pharmacy, so if you don't like how they treat you and another is in your area, it may be best to change.

Also remember if you move you need to register at your new pharmacy straight away, don't do what I did and forget, go get a prescription, and need to travel across town to your old area to pick it up....

Archived