Mental Health Forums

good things

lonelyheartemma

The best thing is that everyone is happy with my independent living. The final decision hasn't been made yet but unofficially I'm keeping my flat for at least another 2 years.

And I got my A Levels results. I only did 2 (though I have 3 altogether now) and I got A*s for English Language and Literature which I was really hoping for as that's what I got for AS. I kind of feel a bit angry with all the people who told me I was useless and bad at English because I don't think that can be true and without comments like that maybe I'd have taken them when I was 18 like most people. But I hated being at school so much and the teaching wasn't great and I could barely spell when I was 18 so maybe I did do them at the right time and in the right way. I did 2 GCSEs as well, I get the results next week. I'll be  happy with 2 Cs

Well done Emma, it's good to hear about your success.

Don't let people tell you that you can't do things, I had that all my life, I got told I was "not a practical person" which for a long time I believed. Now I successfully maintain and do upgrades to not only my home but also a disabled and elderly relatives. Don't let people tell you what you can and can't do, you can do whatever you want, you are the only one that knows your limitations.

Again well done on your achievements :)

Forest

Congratulations Emma!!!

what a great result. Not just the exams (which is huge) but also the confirmation of continued Independent living.

People told me I was useless, wouldn't achieve much, doomed to failure. And I actually believed them......and didn't try. You did better; you've proved them wrong and I am so happy for you doing that.

Forget anger, I think it's wasted. Just enjoy the fact you have done it!!!

All the best, you're post has actually put a smile on my face :)

Kim

• 4 months later...

I didn't get 2 Cs for my GCSE retakes, I got an A and a B.

I was happy then. I'm not happy now but no-one can take my grades away.

Archived