Mental Health Forums

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

mamalou

I am absolutely desperate to have my account deleted. 

I've sent numerous private messages to staff and no one has even read my messages. What do I do now ?

This is a plea. Please could someone delete my account. I don't fit in round here and I want my account removed. 

If someone could at the very least acknowledge my message I would be very grateful.

Why don't you just stop logging in?

Have some patience, I'm sure someone will get back to you at some point, they are more likely to respond to your PMs than to your post in the ***Light Topics*** section.

Interested to know why you feel you don't fit in here? Admittedly things are a bit dead at the moment, which is a little depressing. But I do wonder what the urgency on the account deletion is?

Forest

I only log in to see if my mail has been read. It's a month since I requested that my account be deleted and I haven't heard anything. And have you been paranoid before ? I can't help checking in on the progress - it's part of the whole thing - I can't function knowing my account is still.active. 

I feel that your reply has  harsh edge to it. It feels like you're angry with me and I don't understand why. If  I'm impatient it's because my health depends upon it.

I'm suffering with severe chronic mental health problems. I'm psychotic and utterly paranoid. I need my account to be deleted because I need to take control. I'm vulnerable and liable to say something that I regret and cannot later take back. I don't want the police at my door again.

I'm just trying to do the right thing. Trying to take control of at least one small thing in my life. 

Oh and I didn't post in ***Light Topics*** . I might be mentally ill but I'm NOT stupid.

I posted in General as I didn't know where to post in this situation.

mamalou

they don't delete accounts on here

your only choice is to not log in and to set your settings so you don't get any alert emails if you want to avoid them too

Thank you for your reply. I'm struggling with all of this. I thought I read a post earlier in the year where someone requested their account being deleted and it was done. My mistake. 

I hate being ill.

I've been here along time and no will call the police on you no matter what you say or write no one will report it and to my knowledge they don't delete accounts either not ever people just stop logging and stop using them but they still stay there. 

Yes, I do get paranoid, I get a degree of it all the time, I recognise that it is likely my paranoia and do my best to act rationally, I have slips, but generally I recognise that I was just being paranoid and correct myself. I get that we are all different, and don't all suffer in the same way, but also I can't help feeling that I have really poured parts of my deepest feelings into some posts here, with the trust that what I post here is safe, I worry about it, but it's helpful to re-adjust my views on things and think about them rationally, putting my paranoia aside and posting in the hope that what I write doesn't only help me but others as well.

You say you can't function knowing your account is still active, but refuse to state any reason for this? My post probably does have a sharp edge, and if I am honest with you I am angry at your posts, everything I have ever seen from you has been along the lines of "I'm not posting here", "I don't want to say anything" "I want my posts deleted". I get creating an account and posting the odd reply, but you seem to go out of your way to tell everyone you don't want to talk about things, even though nobody was ever making you. I've asked you reasonable questions to try to understand you better and you refused to even acknowledge them.

You say your life depends on you being impatient? Why? Sometimes not getting what we want is exactly what we need, and in your case I believe that to be true. Yes you are suffering from mental health problems, so am I, so are the majority of people on this forum. You're psychotic? Fine, tell me about your experience, I've had psychotic episodes and would be happy to discuss them with you. You say you need your account to be deleted so you can take back control, I disagree, I believe you are trying to control the outside world because you are struggling to control the world inside, focus your attention where it is needed. Controlling the outside world will not help you, having OCD I can tell you for a fact that trying to do that will only make things worse.

You’re worried about saying something you regret? Mask your identity (you already seem to have). As Addy said nobody is going to call the police on you, there are many people on here that have admitted to doing illegal things, thinking about killing people, killing themselves, just keep names out of it.

I never said you were stupid, it would be stupid to equate mental illness to stupidity, because I would be putting myself in that boat with you. It does say at the top of my screen:

Home > ****Light Topics**** > General > PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to upset you, and I'm open to the possibility that I am completely in the wrong here for getting annoyed at you. Having had a lot of problems myself though, and going through a hell of a lot the get them dealt with (still going through a lot, working hard). I can't help getting annoyed with people who I perceive as not helping themselves and who are being closed minded to things that are proven to be helpful. I don't like persistent negative attitude and althought I have previously stated in another thread that nobody called you an attention seeker, I am now under the impression your self assesment was possibly acurate (I can be sometimes, and I know it annoys people, recognising it isn't a bad things because then you can do something about it, don't blame people if they get annoyed with it, it's natural).

In short – your attitude annoys me, and I can’t help that, I probably shouldn't have said anything, but I think it's important to share feelings, even if they are upsetting. When you said you were leaving I wished you all the best, I will do so again. So, all the best.

Forest

I'm sorry you're annoyed by me.

I have had many years of intensive therapy and continue to look within myself to begin to resolve the issues that I have. But, I am not an attention seeker, I'm not closed minded. I'm incredibly afraid and deeply unwell.

Your post made me very sad and I am sorry that you find me so intolerable. It all adds to my lack of self worth and my reasons for wanting my life to end. 

I understand now that it is not possible to "delete" my account. I will hopefully hear back from the forum staff to confirm this in due course. 

I'm exhausted. All the best. 

i highly doubt you will hear back from anyone this site doesn't work like that. I've been here 6 yrs and people come and go all the time 

HI there

I am the supervisor here and the one to PM if you have a question. Our owner leaves this up to me and at the moment we do not have any other staff.

I have not received any message from you? Can you please message me so I can try to help you.

Addy I havent maybe been seen by you guys here much lately but I answer all my PMs, I check in every day. So if you or anyone needs help with anything I am here....

Lily

Archived