Mental Health Forums

Hi

lunafae

Hi

I was diagnosed with BPD and AVPD last year, I'm 20, and I've just started group therapy which is scaring the hell out of me, I don't think I'll ever be able to be open there and I'm scared I'll end up bottling everything up again. We're on a "summer holiday" from it right now and I'm really not coping, so I guess it's better than nothing. I feel really lonely and depressed recently and I don't know what to do. 

Hey Lunafae (nice name btw)

I know they can be scary, but in reality knowing your not alone can be a reassuring. Sharing your feelings and what troubles you can help others as well as yourself, so don't be afraid to open up, even though it feels like you shouldn't. I'm sure you will start to see the benefits soon and will continue on your recovery. I think a lot of people are on a summer holiday from here at the moment as the forum is a bit quiet, but people are around if you feel there is anything you want to share with people who have maybe had similar experiences. I will do my best to check in where I can. I know how hard it can be when your support network are not available, there are a lot of self therapy things that you can do to try and keep things together, if you need help with anything let me know.

Try to hold on to hope, I find that is the best way to get though episodes like this.

All the best

Forest

Hi I want to wish you a warm welcome.

Please feel free to post whenever you need to, its a bit quiet here at the moment but slowly getting busier again.

There are people here that understand how hard it can be and so youre not alone here.

Have you ever looked into things like mindfulness? There are indeed like forest says things you can do on your own, selfhelp that may help you.

Lily

Hi Lunafae,

Sorry I haven't welcomed you sooner.......been wrapped up in my own little world :).

I think Forest sums it up best, certainly in my case, just hold on to hope.

Good luck,

Kim

Archived