Mental Health Forums

Not Sure If its just part of my anxiety or something, but any thoughts appreciated!

John Framo

Okay so im 17 and have fallen victim to severe anxiety, moderately bad depression, mild hallucinations and pretty bad constant paranoia. Being that, i didnt know if any of those would play a part in something going on in my head. I basically have a voice in my head that sometimes argues my decisions and like i can talk to but it doesnt say anything back, but then it also speaks my own thoughts but it isnt them. it sounds confusing i know but im still struggling to find it out myself, i just wanted to know if anyone has experienced/experiencing the same thing, i do smoke a moderate amount of weed daily if that might matter. 

cheers for reading in advanced.

hi and welcome

I would certainly suggest stopping the weed and seeing what happens

I don't have the experiences you write about, but would expect that taking any sort of recreational drugs will effect what is going on in your head - since that's the whole point of taking them isn't it?

hope this helps a little, sorry I cant help more, but others here probably can

Have a read of this thread:

I would say to you what I said to David who seemed to be having similar problems to you.

I get a similar thing go on in my head. In my case it is because I hold incompatible viewpoints and believe in conflicting things (what I have chosen to believe in and what I was made/told to believe at an early age). The only way my mind can process that is by splitting my thoughts and feelings into what are almost multiple versions of myself - the version of me that was created by my childhood and the version that I created because it's what I want to be.

I'm working through it though and things are getting better, but yea, if I were you my first step would be to get off the drugs.

Forest

ah

actually reading Forest's reply made me stop for a moment as I do have very similar

I often tell people 'my head is telling me ....' and I don't hear voices but it feels like there are other people inside my head who don't agree or have different opinions and needs and are of different ages

when I am more unwell, I find it very difficult to use 'i' and refer to us as 'we' as it feels like there are several people all 'talking' and I don't always know who is in charge

one psychologist I saw described it as fragmenting and my mh team know that it gets far worse when things get bad and we all get lost

Yea, saying I hear voices is a bit of a stretch actually, they are more like "loud thoughts". Like Walker mine is worse when I am going through bad patches, I'm actually on a good patch at the moment and I have my head almost to myself....

Archived