Mental Health Forums

Vulnerable, alcohol,bpd

Louladoll

Hey all hope you're all doing well.

I'm not sure what I want to say I guess I'm just having a crappy over emotional night.

I got really drunk a few weeks ago and I did some awful and embarrassing things I don't remember and I gotarrested. Since then I haven't had a drink apart from one pint today.

It didn't go down well with the bf as he had to deal with my shit last tim. I told him to be honest but my timing probably wasn't great. I got a job today which is great I just have never managed to keep them in the past but I want to succeed and make everyone including myself happy. I always seem to fuck up and Im trying my best I just don't think I'm good enough for everyone because I can't instantly be who they want me to be. 

I'm just feeling crappy and bf at work all night so left alone and o really need someone to talk to :(  gah! Rant over I guess 

Thanks for reading everyone 

Louladoll 

what did you do to get arrested?

i did something silly the otherday, i did not get arrested though but i feel bad about it, i wish i had control over these moments

Just now, postaldudesdad said:

what did you do to get arrested?

i did something silly the otherday, i did not get arrested though but i feel bad about it, i wish i had control over these moments

Well it was partly a psychotic episode I don't remember much I was found naked in a supermarket and the police brought me home but my bf didn't want me inside naturally so it was hours of me screaming at ppl saying awful things and getting naked again I don't remember 95% of it but I got arrested for assaulting a police officer for which I was cautioned :/

well thats fantastic, i thought you was going to say something really boring, and you have made me feel better about my little incident

why do you get naked before you scream at people?

i was only throwing road cones about and calling folk cunts, i did not have any alcohol i was doing my shopping on my way back from Tesco

suddenly i got stuck between the road-works and traffic on the way home

i feel bad because there was a little girl only 6-7 years old across the road that must of heard me screaming "cunt" at people

and would of seen me throwing road cones in the middle of the road, a bad example to the future generations

i am glad no one got out of their cars could of been much worse

can you claim diminished capacity?

11 minutes ago, postaldudesdad said:

well thats fantastic, i thought you was going to say something really boring, and you have made me feel better about my little incident

why do you get naked before you scream at people?

i was only throwing road cones about and calling folk cunts, i did not have any alcohol i was doing my shopping on my way back from Tesco

suddenly i got stuck between the road-works and traffic on the way home

i feel bad because there was a little girl only 6-7 years old across the road that must of heard me screaming "cunt" at people

and would of seen me throwing road cones in the middle of the road, a bad example to the future generations

i am glad no one got out of their cars could of been much worse

can you claim diminished capacity?

Well I'm sure she wasn't traumatised by it! The c word is everywhere these days one of my favourites hah

And I don't remember getting naked at all so I have no idea why I did the police and my bf told me about it 

no worries, seems time consuming though

if i had got naked before i started throwing road cones around i would of given the little girl more to think about than just the nasty man swearing

i would like to think the presence of children would pasify me into not acting so silly/agressive but obviously it does not

how often do you do silly things?

7 hours ago, postaldudesdad said:

no worries, seems time consuming though

if i had got naked before i started throwing road cones around i would of given the little girl more to think about than just the nasty man swearing

i would like to think the presence of children would pasify me into not acting so silly/agressive but obviously it does not

how often do you do silly things?

That's the first time I've ever got naked I did similar aggressive things a year ago seems to mark an anniversary of my beloved pets death which still hits me hard but I'm glad I've worked the pattern out now so I can be more aware in future! I'm going to try with aa tomorrow as some support would be good as I have no therapy etc still waiting for referrals to process!

Good luck with the AA might help to have something to focus on, sorry to hear about your pet, i too and very close to my pet

i often think that perhaps when the pet goes it will also be time for me to go too

i am waiting for therapy also, i found this recently http://www.nhs.uk/choiceintheNHS/Yourchoices/personal-health-budgets/Pages/about-personal-health-budgets.aspx

turns out they might pay for me to have therapy closer to home

• 7 months later...

I am very glad that I found this topic.

I had a big problem with accepting the fact that I have to give up drinking when I first started taking meds. Going out with people was a nightmare because I tried to keep my condition secret. Unfortunately, social drinking is a thing and everyone wants to drink. "Oh come on, one beer? One shot? It won't hurt"

But the bottom line was when I started to realize that I don't remember what I did even tho I didn't drink more than the times I didn't take meds. I heard that I made some really bad choices and I decided it is time to end this.

Also if anyone is interested, I have a bookmarked article about bipolar and alcohol combination https://alcorehab.org/the-effects-of-alcohol/bipolar-disorder-and-alcohol-abuse/

It took me some time to get my head straight but I am happy that I was able to do that by myself. I don't get a lot of help from other people because I am somehow ashamed of my condition. Now I am looking for some group therapy. Maybe it is time to talk about it with a bigger crowd.

On 2016-10-18 at 10:55 PM, Louladoll said:

Hey all hope you're all doing well.

I'm not sure what I want to say I guess I'm just having a crappy over emotional night.

I got really drunk a few weeks ago and I did some awful and embarrassing things I don't remember and I gotarrested. Since then I haven't had a drink apart from one pint today.

It didn't go down well with the bf as he had to deal with my shit last tim. I told him to be honest but my timing probably wasn't great. I got a job today which is great I just have never managed to keep them in the past but I want to succeed and make everyone including myself happy. I always seem to fuck up and Im trying my best I just don't think I'm good enough for everyone because I can't instantly be who they want me to be. 

I'm just feeling crappy and bf at work all night so left alone and o really need someone to talk to :(  gah! Rant over I guess 

Thanks for reading everyone 

Louladoll 

Hi Louldadoll,

We all make mistakes from time to time - we're only human, after all! The important thing is what you're going to do about it - so in your case, you made the mistake of drinking, and you rectified it by stopping drinking almost completely.

While we all want to make everyone happy, the reality is that we cannot. We are not able to control the minds of 7.5 billion people, and it is unrealistic to assume that you will be able to. Thus, try to focus on being happy yourself, and caring for your loved ones - after all, they are the ones that count more than the rest!

Everyone wants you to be something different. A mother might want you to marry and raise a family this year, a father might want to see you as a CEO in a years time, or a friend may want to go on a world tour with you this year. Obviously, it is too difficult to accomplish all three of these - the important thing is to be who you want to be. At the end of the day, you're living for your own sake, more than anyone else.

Much love <3

• 2 weeks later...

Archived