Mental Health Forums

New diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder

mynameisapril

Hi guys!

So I'm a 25 year old female and recently been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. I was originally misdiagnosed as having avoidant personality disorder and depression. For 9 years I've been treated with the wrongs types of drugs including countless types of antidepressants. I am now starting on a low dose of quetiapine with the view to increase and I'm hoping this might control some of my anger and violence towards loved ones, especially my partner. I will also be starting psychotherapy in the hope that I can learn new ways of trying to overcome and control some of the overwhelming emotions that I experience. 

I would love to make some friends who are suffering the same and share stories as well as coping mechanisms and what a perfect way to do this without putting myself out in "the wild". So..tell me about yourself! Have any of you been lucky enough to come out the other end and not display such behaviours and be able to keep a stable relationship? Or is there anyone like me with this new diagnosis and wondering what they are to do next?

I look forward to hearing from you ^_^

Hey,

I just officially been diagnosed with BPD and PTSD.

I-m 26 in less than a month and have been to several psychiatrists and psychologists since i was 18 and never got a definite diagnosis.

I was treated for depression and took mood controllers and anti anxiety medication since i was 18. But i now know for sure what i have!

finally I can put a name to it you know? its hard to keep trying to explain all the symptoms to people that surround me every time not knowing what it was.

for example: sorry i am like this sometimes idk why, but its probably because of etc... or I have agoraphobia but idk why... 

It has been difficult but now i can start a treatment focused on me and my disorder.

in regards to relationships, i had many many dysfunctional ones until i met my partner. we have been together for 1 year and a half now (the first person i dated more than 3 months).

I am very lucky cause he is really really patient and loves me loads. for years i thought i would never find anyone to be with long term and i struggled a lot with it and even tried to convince myself that i didnt want a long term thing.

this is very cliche but i guess that one day you just find someone that is ready to accept you and be patient and is willing to live with the crazyness and love you no matter what and somehow that affects your way of being aswell?! dont know how else o explain it.

i wish you all the best.

:)

hey! well two weeks ago I found out I have BPD, I´m 17 years old and like I said in other entries: I feel good because I already know why I am like this, but also I'm fearful because I don't know how to overcome this or if it's going to get worse... 

the real question is: What should I do next? 

Have a nice day, afternoon, weekend! 

On 6 December 2016 at 3:52 PM, mynameisapril said:

Hi guys!

So I'm a 25 year old female and recently been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. I was originally misdiagnosed as having avoidant personality disorder and depression. For 9 years I've been treated with the wrongs types of drugs including countless types of antidepressants. I am now starting on a low dose of quetiapine with the view to increase and I'm hoping this might control some of my anger and violence towards loved ones, especially my partner. I will also be starting psychotherapy in the hope that I can learn new ways of trying to overcome and control some of the overwhelming emotions that I experience. 

I would love to make some friends who are suffering the same and share stories as well as coping mechanisms and what a perfect way to do this without putting myself out in "the wild". So..tell me about yourself! Have any of you been lucky enough to come out the other end and not display such behaviours and be able to keep a stable relationship? Or is there anyone like me with this new diagnosis and wondering what they are to do next?

I look forward to hearing from you ^_^

I am 51 and was diagnosed in The Priory with EUPD/BPD PTSD ADHD depression anxiety - you name it! My daughter (23) was diagnosed with Bipolar at 16, changed to ADHD at 17 but with possibly PBD or Aspergers. Recently this has been confirmed as BPD/EUPD.

Coped with my own low self esteem and often fragile mental health and my daughter's mental health which has resulted in 8 overdoses to date until this summer when my husband of 26 years (met 32 years ago at Uni) decided he was gay and moved out. I then went into a nose dive, from which I am really struggling to recover, despite my wonderful 21 year old son and my parents and sisters support.

Archived