Mental Health Forums

Randomly Sad (Advice Please)

Dusk_Maiden

Ever since last year, I've been on and off randomly feeling really sad and lonely, whether I am with people or not.  I do not know why.  I never use to feel like this even when I was bullied as a child so I am confused as to why this is hitting me now.  The only person I have told this to in full detail is my best friend.  I've told bits and pieces of this to my dad, but not in detail, he thinks I am fine.  The random sadness has been more on rather than  off lately though so I am starting to get worried.  My parents have noticed on a few occasions but they usually think I'm just tired or having an off day.  Sometimes, when I'm in this mood, I don't get hungry and I don't notice this until it becomes night time, I then kinda make myself eat something despite not having an appetite.  It also sometimes messes with how I function and act.  I get a lot more quiet and sluggish.  I'm just really confused about this and I don't know if this is just random teenage hormones and part of growing up, or if this is an actual problem.  If it isn't I don't want to bother my parents with it.  I'm really just at a loss.  If there is anyone who could give me advice I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks,

Dusk

• 5 weeks later...

Hi...sorry to hear your having a rough time at the moment. Sometimes growing up can hit some tough times but whether this is just hormones its hard to say. Try and talk with your friend if you can and if things continue maybe see your doctor if possible to get some reassurance that everything is ok and things will pass. Talking can really help sometimes....hope this helps a little :)

....kev

Archived