Mental Health Forums

Randomly Sad (Advice Please)

Dusk_Maiden

Ever since last year, I've been on and off randomly feeling really sad and lonely, whether I am with people or not.  I do not know why.  I never use to feel like this even when I was bullied as a child so I am confused as to why this is hitting me now.  The only person I have told this to in full detail is my best friend.  I've told bits and pieces of this to my dad, but not in detail, he thinks I am fine.  The random sadness has been more on rather than  off lately though so I am starting to get worried.  My parents have noticed on a few occasions but they usually think I'm just tired or having an off day.  Sometimes, when I'm in this mood, I don't get hungry and I don't notice this until it becomes night time, I then kinda make myself eat something despite not having an appetite.  It also sometimes messes with how I function and act.  I get a lot more quiet and sluggish.  I'm just really confused about this and I don't know if this is just random teenage hormones and part of growing up, or if this is an actual problem.  If it isn't I don't want to bother my parents with it.  I'm really just at a loss.  If there is anyone who could give me advice I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks,

Dusk

Archived