Mental Health Forums

Hey

FerociousMeow

Hello,

... I feel weird about writing here, but I hope none of you mind it. (Why would you?) I am new here, and I am not used to talk about my ... feelings, I guess. I am not diagnosed. I decided this week I should go to a doctor, though ... I have problems, but I lived my life like this, and I feel stupid going now and ask about it, but I think I need it. So I am trying to be brave and getting know what is the problem with me. Does it sound strange?

I hope I can talk to somebody or I get to listen to your stories. : )

(If it's important, I am 22 years old, female. And English may not be my first language so sorry if I write something weird.)

Hello ferociousmeow,

I am new here too,I am sorry to hear you haven't been well for so long,it is nerveracking going to the doctor for the first time.

I hope they are able to help you.

I love your username by the way,awesome!

Rubybluex

Welcome

no one judges here. Take want you want and leave what makes you comfortable. 

Visit the doctor, you're not stupid at 

Nothing wrong with your English btw :-)

On 1/25/2017 at 1:10 AM, Rubyblue said:

Hello ferociousmeow,

I am new here too,I am sorry to hear you haven't been well for so long,it is nerveracking going to the doctor for the first time.

I hope they are able to help you.

I love your username by the way,awesome!

Rubybluex

Hello Rubyblue,

Well, I don't know. Maybe I felt like it was normal at some point. It sounds scary but a person can get used to feeling a certain way and yeah ... (Plus, I have a bit weird family, so getting the answers like "it's nothing" or "do you think you're alone with that" was not unusual at all. I think I convinced myself they were right.) I always had times when I tried to isolate myself and felt "sad" but the last two years it started to get worse and I guess it's time to know if it is really a problem or what.
I got an appointment for Monday so now I just need to go. I'm kind of scared and don't know what to expect but I guess it's normal.

And thanks, I am kind of proud of my name too :D

On 1/26/2017 at 9:52 AM, smokey_1_uk said:

Welcome

no one judges here. Take want you want and leave what makes you comfortable. 

Visit the doctor, you're not stupid at 

Nothing wrong with your English btw :-)

Hello smokey,

I will try to, I came here to talk about it anyway. :D

On 1/20/2017 at 2:52 AM, Saharah Blue said:

Welcome to the site, make yourself comfy and post when you feel ready. :welcomeani:

Thank you very much : )

Hello, I don't know if I should create a new thread about it or not but I guess it's still adds to my introduction. Today I went to the local psychiatrist. It's kind of strange to me, being diagnosed after ~20 minutes talking but my paper which I got after it said "Mixed anxiety and depressive disorder" (translated to English). I also got appointment to the psychologist.

I was very nervous and I still don't know about taking the medication. I heard some bad things about them.

Care to share some thoughts?

Archived