Mental Health Forums

BPD newbie looking for a friend

EmmJay

Hi there :)

New here as I really want to be able to talk to people who "get it".

I have a working diagnosis of BPD (which makes SO much sense to me) and I have struggled with my mental health as far back as I can remember. It would just be nice to be able to speak to people who understand how I feel. 

Currently going through therapy which is pretty tough but will hopefully be worth it in the long run.

Basically, just hoping for a few friendly people here who understand what I go through :)

I guess it depends on your therapy. Im currently doing cognitive analytical therapy which I'm finding so helpful as through the years of having extreme emotions and not coping, I'm learning to understand my emotions and perhaps why they are slightly more extreme than the average person

That sounds interesting, i do not know what type of therapy they will decide to give me, i am waiting for the assessment

i have the same issue, if i could turn down my sad and angry emotions this would be a big help

That would be nice! 

Im just learning to deal with my emotions as I cant turn them down or anything. Learning that actually my emotions are fine, they arent silly or anything like that and they wont hurt me

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...i don't have bpd myself but my daughter does and have been supporting her over the past 8yrs so have a fairly good understanding on various aspects and have a good ear if you ever need any support or just a chat. You can always pm me....i hope everything works out for you

Archived