Mental Health Forums

Anyone in Sydney?

LawsyR1

Hey All,

Hope you are all as well as we can be?  My name is James and I have BPD as bad as it can be....  Anyway, i was looking for support groups in Sydney and oh the irony - none for BPD sufferer's but many for the poor victims that have to deal with us...

So I was wondering if there is anyone on this forum in Sydney - I'm in North Syd?

I just want to talk to someone who is like me and experiences the same so I / we dont feel so different.

I was going to start a support group but i have no idea how or if its worthwhile.

Anyway, thats all for now...

Hope you are all ok.

James

• 3 months later...

What is Depression?

Feeling down from time to time is a normal part of life, but when emotions such as hopelessness and despair take hold and just won't go away, you may have depression. Mild to moderate depression makes it tough to function and enjoy life like you once did. Depression is perhaps the most common of all mental health problems, currently believed to affect one in every four adults to some degree. Evidence suggests that there is neurochemical or "brain chemistry" aspects of depression with the depressed individual experiencing poor concentration/attention, loss of energy, accelerated thought/worry, sleep/appetite disturbance, and other physical manifestations.

Archived