Mental Health Forums

Depression which no one accepts

Ts91

I've been struggling for a long time. Since I was a child I've had mental health issues. Recently, as an adult, I've been in an extremely stressful job for 7-8 years and it seems to have taken me to a very dark place. I've not been diagnosed since I was a child but after recent issues I feel I've likely had a breakdown a year or so ago. I'm trying to deal with this myself and be fair to my partner but she finds it hard to understand and thinks simply moving to a new job will help. I know it's deeper than that. 

Has as anyone else had lifelong issues manafested through stressful situations and can give advice? Or equally any support or advice over mental breakdowns would be much appreciated 

Well, you're not alone..

I have suffered for many years but have tried to cope alone because GPs and others over the years have ignored my requests for help.. Everything is overlooked.. 

Maybe I 'coped' too well..  I have meltdowns but again, when I see a GP, that's as far as it gets.. "Take these pills... Blah.."  It's as though nthey don't believe it's got as bad as I say... Exaggerating again... Groan...

I have finally got counselling now, that helps, not ideal but better than no help at all...

Maybe something about aspects of your job are triggering something else.  Talking therapy might help you to explore this..

I'm sorry it taken time to get a reply, it seems like the forum is very slow moving..

I hope you find something that helps, it's not nice, suffering for so long and not being listened to..

Archived