Mental Health Forums

What happened to this forum?!

MooseMP

Hi, used to be a member here years ago but lost my log in. 

Am I imagining it or is it a ghost town around here? It used to be amazing with lots of folk in and out the chat room. I wanted to post in the crisis section but seriously some of the most recent posts are last year? Where did everyone go?! 

No I don't think you are sweetie I think there's been too many changes to the website and that's what scared everyone off 

I couldn't access it for three years 

That's so sad, this was one of those forums you could make real connections with people. I remember folk meeting up in the real world for adventures and having to call ambulances for crisis and all sorts. So sad it never stayed a beehive. 

My old name is Maeon!

My old account! That took me ages to find, had to scroll through Shadow8s old posts to find someone who was me haha. 

MooseMP is now Maeon ;) 

I remember that name :eh:,  Welcome back, Yeah this place is a ghost town you do get the odd older members popping back once in awhile and the odd new member but that's it...

Hi Maeon, I remember you. For sure everyone on the forum was disrupted by broken software upgrades and this place stop feeling stable and safe to people who desperately need to feel both those things. It wasn't just member's leaving it was all the mods as well. The buzz faded away and never came back.

Hey Dice & Saharah Blue :) I remember you guys. I used to mostly hang out in chat because there was always someone in there 

it's really sad to find it died out. Maybe it'll come back in time :/ 

yeah the chat room is so dead.. i do remember a time when there was at least some company when you were having a crisis

I was thinking about what it would take to get this place going again. All forums start off empty don't they so for a new forum it'll be this quiet before the buzz starts. 

Think new users are being put off because it's so quiet?

Need to google this crap or something, how to get a forum busy. 

i think toaster had a lot to do with chat being busy at one point because she would sit in there. I tried sitting in there in another tab but it booted me off after a while 

• 3 weeks later...

I think the issues started when the owner upgraded the forum. It used to be private but now the public can read posts. It can be off putting.

I admit to being one of those people.

bubbles - having read your comment, I logged out

I was shocked to find I could access masses of threads/posts

the only ones not available were the 'dark' topics and of course the 'site supporters' area

I thought it was only light topics that were on public display

it is sad to see the shell this place has become

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the software works great now. I've made a personal commitment to come on in the mornings (Eastern U.S.) to see what's going on, so I'll be around. If enough of us do that you never know—things could pick up.

On 07/05/2017 at 4:44 PM, curlywurlygirly said:

Are there not many members on here?  Was hoping to chat to others and share experience and hope. x

I think it's not as active as it used to be. I was hoping for the same thing :P

4 hours ago, AndyL said:

It looks like the software works great now. I've made a personal commitment to come on in the mornings (Eastern U.S.) to see what's going on, so I'll be around. If enough of us do that you never know—things could pick up.

Hopefully the forum gets repopulated again :)

Archived