Mental Health Forums

Hello - Intro

Malaure

Hi all. Interested to have found this forum and really want it to be useful.

I have recently been diagnosed with BPD after more than 15 years of being treated for depression and anxiety. I had a nervous breakdown some 10 years ago and have tried a variety of meds including lithium. I have also had ECT. I am currently trying to provide some longer term focus for my life but am struggling. I am an honest and open person who hopes to share the difficulties and benefits of people with similar challenges.

Best regards

Paul

On 20/04/2017 at 8:08 PM, Malaure said:

Hi all. Interested to have found this forum and really want it to be useful.

I have recently been diagnosed with BPD after more than 15 years of being treated for depression and anxiety. I had a nervous breakdown some 10 years ago and have tried a variety of meds including lithium. I have also had ECT. I am currently trying to provide some longer term focus for my life but am struggling. I am an honest and open person who hopes to share the difficulties and benefits of people with similar challenges.

Best regards

Paul

Welcome Malaure!

Sorry to hear about what you've been through - that's why we're here to support you through this :)

Glad to hear that you look to share your story - I think it's important that people start this long-overdue conversation about mental health!

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this forum is as active as it used to be, but you still find the odd person pop up here and there,

Regards,

RSxo

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all I'm Neil aged 38 I have depression anxiety and bpd and bipolar traits had a difficult upbringing and lost my bad 5 yrs ago and struggled a lot self harm and suicidal thoughts 

Archived