Mental Health Forums

Need a depressed friend to support each other through tough times and recovery

cofi94

I need a friend to share the pain with and to try fixing our depressions together...I've been depressed for 5 months now, I was very suicidal and therefore hospitalized in February for 6 weeks, which improved my condition a bit, but after that there hasn't been any improvement, but instead I usually feel worse again (especially my stomach problems), even though I have a psychiatrist who gives me medicine, and psychotherapist which I talk to once a week, and love and support from my family and friends (although few of them understand what I'm really going through)...I started feeling hopeless and suicidal again but then I found this https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/8036843/David_D._Burns_-_Feeling_Good__The_New_Mood_Therapy_[EPUB] for which it is said to have helped people even in the most extreme depressions, so I started reading it and will try the exercises from it...so if anyone else has the similar situation, and would like to simultaneously try these exercises, text me, I'd really appreciate work together, text daily and give support to each other because I think it would be much more effective that way. :)

Sounds like a good idea, cofi94!

Unfortunately, I'll have to decline, but I hope you find someone that you can work with to collectively overcome depression! :)

Much love <3

Archived