Mental Health Forums

Loosing control!

zenry1213

I have BPD and I'm out of control ( well I feel like it! ) recently though I've been getting these voices in my head but they sound like my voice however two of them have like characters? Meh I don't know. 
My suicidal thoughts are out of control as are my moods. The voices were so strong the other night that I tried to drown myself in the bath. My partner will now not let me take a bath alone. 
I'm self harming pretty frequently though he's taken everything away! I even considered snapping a spork so it was sharp earlier this week. How crazy is that!! 
My arm is a complete state- superficial don't worry. But I have a family thing tomorrow and I think I will have to wear a cardigan in this heat. 
Such a fuck up.

On 16/06/2017 at 10:57 PM, zenry1213 said:

I have BPD and I'm out of control ( well I feel like it! ) recently though I've been getting these voices in my head but they sound like my voice however two of them have like characters? Meh I don't know. 
My suicidal thoughts are out of control as are my moods. The voices were so strong the other night that I tried to drown myself in the bath. My partner will now not let me take a bath alone. 
I'm self harming pretty frequently though he's taken everything away! I even considered snapping a spork so it was sharp earlier this week. How crazy is that!! 
My arm is a complete state- superficial don't worry. But I have a family thing tomorrow and I think I will have to wear a cardigan in this heat. 
Such a fuck up.

Hi there,

It's common for voices to take the shape of a character - they may be of people you know, or personalities. It's your mind's way of making sense of them.

I'd like to point out that self-harm doesn't help your situation here, since it doesn't actually resolve the issues while creating new ones (such as visual scars). I'd implore you to refrain from doing so if possible - I know it's not easy to do, but it's for the best in the long run.

Mental health can be a bother, put us under pressure and place strain on relationships. However, one can win the fight if they persevere and have the drive to succeed - one step at a time is the way to recovery :)

Much love <3

Archived