Mental Health Forums

Chelle63

Hey. Just found this. Im 54 and was diagnosed BPD 2 years ago. After reading the symptoms I realized that I was suffering from it since I was a child. I was told I was bipolar 12 years ago. I never thought I was. It was a relief because I had left my 1st Dr. and ended up in hospital where I was introduced to a new one who gave me some "homework". It was an article on BPD. I couldn't believe what I was reading. It was like the article had been written about me! I still struggle with the symptoms but the DBT really helped. It was only 8 weeks but enough to help me. So glad to have found this because I feel embarrassed to have a mental illness so I don't talk to friends or go out with them. No one can help me so I just keep everything to myself. Sorry this is so lengthy. Thanks for listening.

Hey Chelle63,

That's what this forum is for - to discuss mental health with other sufferers! Welcome to the forum - I hope you like it :)

Much love <3

hi chelle63,

I too tend to be very quiet about my dx. I have really only been open on this site about my MH struggles. IRL, I listen to others talk of their struggle but rarely have ever shared the full extent of my behavior, thoughts, and feelings. I have done DBT too and had a lot of therapy in my life.

I have found the forum to be a refuge, even though it has gone very quiet, it continues to help, knowing it is here and feels like the appropriate place to talk. I hope you feel comfortable and Welcome :)

Archived