Mental Health Forums

Lonely and sad

Alexis3333

Hey, this may be nothing. But lately or the past few months, I've felted lonely. And I've tired explaining to family but they always answer with "everyone feels like that sometimes" or something along those lines. No one will hear me out. I dunno, it's like there is this constant feeling that keeps bringing me down. I'm so negative and have a horrible temper. And My life seems very bleak, like everyday is the same pointless thing, I guess. I dunno, help me figure this out?

Hi Alexis3333,

Sorry to hear that you're feeling that way. You've mentioned loneliness, low mood, negativity, irritability and possible lack of motivation.  Given that, I would suggest going to a GP and getting a diagnosis, medication and therapy, because it sounds like you may have symptoms of depression, although I'm not a professional psychiatrist so I can't diagnose you. As for your family, I think that they are trying to help but aren't sure what to say - perhaps this is the first time they have come across a family member with such feelings? Don't worry, everything is going to be okay - we're all here to support you through this! If you want to, PM me to discuss or vent about anything, and I'd be happy to listenx

Much love <3

Archived