Mental Health Forums

What is the meaning of life? In your opinion?

mariebray

Hi mariebray,

You aren't just a statistic. A statistic doesn't have a future, it simply tells the present. A statistic does not feel, empathise, dream, or anything like that at all. It doesn't know how to love, how to rejoice and to cry. A statistic doesn't make a friend happy every time they are ready to spend time with them. You aren't just a statistic, but you must seek your purpose in life. That way, you are driven to accomplish your goals and tasks. 

<3

The meaning of life is to live love and learn, but I am suicidal, however, I am trapped as I believe in reincarnation and the hindu idea of suicide, in that if you top yourself, you are born into a life with bigger problems.

Im a drug addict, who can sing, draw and a good confidante, but I wasted my life on drugs, drink and carelessness. Im 51 so have got quite a way to go yet, and 47mg of valium to get off.

I also have a flat that I cannot sell due to a myriad of problems put on ere before, and I am scared phobic of people, especially angry people, its known as emotophobia.

My shirink said i was infantilised, and i think that is why i never fulfilled my potential. I found all the right wisdom books too late in life, I think im gonna end up homeless, which will be no fun when withdrawing off benzos and bankrupt with creditors chasing you asyou cannot afford to go bankrupt and I panic at the thought of crawlilng back to family whos behaviour fed my cptsd and bpd.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

To me the meaning of life is to love others. To help others. Of course we will not get along with everyone, but for the ones we do, and if they have a need, I feel we should help them. It may mean being a friend, it may be giving them a ride, it may mean giving them food. I just like to love people, but I have a hard time maintaining relationships for any length of time, so many times I find I am alone. I am unable to work, so I don't have much to give as far as financial, but I've had so many different life experiences, I hope that what I have learned along this path, can and will help someone. Love, is the meaning of life, for me.

Archived