Mental Health Forums

iNTRODUCTION

weirdo-alert

Hello

I am on this forum today. Joined a period ago but never posted I believe.

Anyhow I have schizophrenia (however my view is it is more than likely schizo - affective disorder - ie I can get incredibly speeded up on occasions.

I also have a diagnosis of panic disorder.

I am never happy where I am and am always thinking into the future about when I achieve such and such etc.

I did work loads for many years but not done hardly any paid work for few years now and relying on benefits which although have helped me massively e taken pressure off - the thought of reassessments is a constant on my mind and its the process and waiting game you go through thats the killer not neccessarily either the outcome or the procedure.

Am always feeling like I have to continually prove my disabilites and am trying to be caught out by the examiners. I do know thats not really the case but it is unfortunately how this all can affect me.

I am doing reasonably well ie have been doing few volunteer roles but the pressures of assessment weigh heavy.

My CPN's said as was on DLA indefinitely - am likely to be transferred straight to PIP without hassle - have others had this experience if on DLA indefinitely.

Anyhow its nice to be part of this community and I wish everyone well.

Best wishes

Weirdo-alert

Archived