Mental Health Forums

Is it normal to be afraid of the ocean because of sea dragons?

loverofcreation

And just being afraid of other 'mythical' things and fictional characters? (Such as seeing a fictional character in real life since there are cases of that happening also.) 

There is a very famous case of people being killed by dragons. In 1962, Edward McCleary encountered a sea dragon and his sketch matches this painting here - https://img00.deviantart.net/e42a/i/...na-d6qzck3.jpg

While on a boat with 4 of his friends (Warren Felley, Eric Ruyle, Larry Bill and 14 year old Bradford Rice). There was a sudden intense fog and the dragon materialized out of the fog and began to pursue his friends, killing them one by one. Edward McCleary immediately shared his story when he woke up in the hospital after being found unconscious on a beach, alone. He later wrote to FATE magazine. He said the dragon made dolphin noises, had elongated teeth, and its vertical neck was 12 feet long and it had a mane on the back of its head. It made a high pitched screeching noise which hurt his ears. He says he heard all the screams of his friends in pain and is now phobic of the ocean and lives as a recluse.

There are public death records of those missing people (Warren Felley, Eric Ruyle, Larry Bill and 14 year old Bradford Rice) and I have also found newspaper clippings on Google News Archives mentioning their disappearance at sea. Despite a search by US Navy and Coastguard, the other 3 bodies were never found.

Other people have encountered the same dragons (such as the Clark Twins of SF Bay area) and saw the dragon chasing seals. There is even an account of one of these dragons killing a sperm whale and dragging it into the depths.

I get really anxious and upset if I'm anywhere near the ocean.

Archived