Mental Health Forums

at end of tether

saratoga

• 5 weeks later...

I swear they never want to help until it's too late. I'd take her to a and e and remind them they have a duty of care over your daughter and you want a care plan put in place. When I was really bad my mum emailed and phoned everywhere never got a response. When I did make an attempt and they wanted to keep me in they had the audacity to say well even your mums worried. My mum was worried weeks before I ended up needing my stomach pumped. I'd take her to a and e and remind them of there obligations and I'd also put it in an email as they'll see you've left a paper trail and know (hopefully it doesn't happen) that if anything does happen to your daughter they will end up in a criminal court. They have a responsibility. Make a fuss. Also as someone who's been, slightly is in your daughters position, I don't know how old she is but im 22. As much as your mum cares, it feels worse when you feel like other people dont. Even though their less important it does acctually feel worse. So when they do start to act like they care, they end up being told were to go. Then they say your daughters declining help. The mental health service is a joke. 

If your dr won't help , go to anther one , or get advice from welfare advice centre s, or other free advice places , talk to anyone that may have someone that's got similar things wrong with them , sites like this will help , took me ages to get diagnosed , but all that means is you have a label , doesn't help the problem ! Good luck :)

Archived