Mental Health Forums

Feeling lonely....

Kate Loves Cats

Feeling really lonely and sad atm.... My mum and dad go to Australia soon for two weeks, which means I'm going to be in the house on my own for two weeks. I'm really really not looking forward to it. It'll be okay in the day as I'll be at work, but it's coming home to an empty house, having no-one to talk to and going to sleep on my own. I don't always speak to my mum and dad when I'm at home, just knowing that they're there makes me feel better. 

I'm really not looking forward to them going away. I sound so selfish. I want to ask about their holiday and take an interest, but I'm not doing as I don't want them to go. I feel so bad and selfish, but I feel like they're abandoning me. Why I feel like this at 27 is anyone's guess :'( :'(

I hear you and get you so very much with this!!!... You are not selfish at all, Far from it... I used to be very much like this when my family went on their yearly holiday and I would be left alone, Or when I just lived with my sister when she went away with her mates, I would make it very known how I felt even if I tried to make a joke about it, Could you maybe write them a letter just explaining how it is making you feel??? And I am sure they will text you while away and maybe skype too if you asked??? So your not feeling so alone when at home by yourself...

I am nearly 30 myself and still like it, Does not matter how old or young someone is, We cannot help but feel like we do with somethings in our life...

I'm so glad you understand how I feel! And that I'm not the only one who feels lonely and sad when their parents go away. 

I hate it when my mum and dad go out just for a couple of hours, so you can imagine how I feel knowing I'll be on my own for two weeks :'( :'(

Yes, I hadn't of thought about writing them a letter and telling them how I feel. So I will do that. 

I really struggle with my mental health and it's often worse when I'm on my own: I find myself thinking of unwanted thoughts and feelings. I try to keep myself busy, but I don't have the motivation. So when my mum and dad go away, I'm going to really struggle :'( :'(

Yes I can defo imagine that for sure, And it does suck and we cannot help it...

Again totally get you; You sound so very much like here, I wish I knew how to tell you, You will get through it but you cannot see that right now, I'm struggling myself at the moment with my mum going to work at night and being by myself, As I feel safe with someone else with me, Even if I do not see her or speak with her just knowing someone else is round is enough... 

Your more than welcome to PM me anytime when they are away or not, So you know you have someone there to speak with about whatever if you wanted...

2 hours ago, Kate Loves Cats said:

I really struggle with my mental health and it's often worse when I'm on my own: I find myself thinking of unwanted thoughts and feelings. I try to keep myself busy, but I don't have the motivation. So when my mum and dad go away, I'm going to really struggle :'( :'(

Thanks so much again for your message :-) I'm really glad you understand and that I'm not the only one who feels like this. 

Yes, I'm completely the same. Even if I don't speak to my mum and dad, just knowing that they're there makes me feel safe

And thank you, that really means a lot to me. I will definitely PM you when they are away or not away. 

I can't tell you how greatful I am that you have messaged me and offered me to PM you

Archived