Mental Health Forums

BPD Long Distance

caitcait16

Hey folks, I've just found this forum :)

My boyfriend moved home last week for the summer (we're at University together and he lives hundreds of miles away). I'm flying to see him in mid July as it's not too expensive, but in the meantime we have to deal with the distance. I'm really struggling, I keep splitting on him and thinking he's going to abandon me. He's not the best at online communication anyway, but when I snapchat him to try and have a conversation he often gives quick responses and it's making me panic that he doesn't want me anymore, but I don't want to appear as clingy or overdramatic. He's been supportive of my BPD in the past and I'm skyping him tomorrow, but I don't know what to ask of him to get reassurance. I just want these feelings to stop, I'm not good in the summer anyway as I have no plans or general direction and with him gone I'm constantly paranoid and feeling horrible. Anyone got any advice? Thanks.

Sounds like your separation anxiety is kick up, I have struggled with this one the most in my life. Some things I do to help, is do more self care, sleep more, immerse myself in my personal interests.

In the past I have put a great deal of effort into trying to ensure that despite the distance, this person feels like there is something to return to. Either a healthy more balanced person, or a sexier version of me; usually it ends up being a bit of both.

Archived