Mental Health Forums

So I have been diagnosed with EUPD

RufusMcTavish

Hey, 

So I have been diagnosed with EUPD/BPD (Terminology is a pain) by my Psychiatrist.  I spoke to mind and they sent me here so yeah hear I am. 

I was mostly expecting it  as I lost my old job over being mentally ill, basically was signed off with "depression and anxiety" for a month after completely loosing control over everything in life, work sent a psychiatrist to assess me and he flat out said I probably had some form of a disorder, need help and I won't be able to do my job anytime soon.  

It's just a bit weird, nobody in my family has had significant mental health problems (that I know of) and they just don't understand. I just wish I got help for it a while ago, before I basically destroyed the relationship with my ex.

I am just a bit anxious about what happens next since I have been sent to the local team who deals with personality disorders. My Psychiatrist has also changed my meds since the standard SSRIs were doing nothing good for me and he wants to see if they will at least stop my moods from being so extreme so its more anxiety about different bits of medication. 

Anyway just thought I would offload :-S

Hello! I have BPD too and no one in my family understands or is willing to discuss it or support me. I also wish I'd got help sooner because my relationship with my finance has been destroyed by it and I'm now completely alone. Its a very difficult illness, I hope you get the right medication and therapy for you so that you can begin to heal. Hopefully you can achieve some stability soon. 

Archived