Mental Health Forums

Online support

AmyBPD

Hello,

I'm new here. I have BDP and i'm in therapy at the moment for it. I need online support to talk about BDP as i feel alone. My partner is about to leave me because of my behaviour. I feel hopeless that i won't recover or get well and end my life as i can't cope being me. I look forward to being connected on here.

Thanks for hearing me.

Amy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

you are not alone, although bpd can feel like an extremely lonely illness, it is important to remember that others are going through similar circumstances. There is a great support network on here. And even if I have never met anyone else with bpd in my life it’s so reassuring to know that there are others. All I want to say is that there is a road to recovery from this. It may take a long time to “recondition” your mind, instincts, behaviour, thoughts, Etc but it can be done. I’ve been on that road for a year now. I’m doing ok (still stuff to work on) but I am a hell of a lot better than I used to be. I found it difficult at times but as time passes it does get easier. I found researching bpd very helpful, mindfulness and at the beginning just questioning my initial thoughts to things and taking the time to question whether that thought was me or bpd. The bpd survival handbook is a fantastic read. I say all this to you knowing that I am not a doctor and knowing that everyone with bpd are different and other things may work better for you. All I wanted was to show you it can be done. You are not alone. And I wish you all the best. We are strong  

Sarah

Archived