Mental Health Forums

i need help, please!!!!

mangosquid83

Hi. The help isn't really for me. My friend recently messaged me (literally fifteen minutes ago) and asked if I'd care if he died tonight. . . I replied with this:

"Things may seem bad now, but if you just keep pushing through, things will change for the better. Just because things are bad now doesn't mean they will be forever, and you have the power to change things, for the better or the worse. You have the power to separate yourself from the things in your life that are making you feel this way. I hope you know that no matter what, I'm always here, and no matter what happens, things will get better. Just know that you are in control of your life, and only you can change things for yourself. Don't let other people change how you feel or see yourself. Don't let other people put you down or make you feel like less than you are, because you are so much more than what they make you out to be. And yes, I would care very much if you died tonight."

He hasn't replied yet. . . He hasn't even looked at it yet. . . I'm scared he's going to do something. I feel like its my fault, because he wasn't having these issues until he asked me out and I turned him down. . . Someone help, please? I don't know what to do. . . I'm seriously scared he's going to hurt himself, or worse.

Archived