Mental Health Forums
Cloe

Advice needed in my relationship (BPD)

Cloe

Hello everyone, I need some advice on how to deal with relationships. I personally fall in love quick and hard! I go from idolising someone and obsessing and doing anything I can so they wont leave. The problem is after 6 months I start to slowly despise them. This has happened in every relationship I have had. I have currently been with my boyfriend for 7 months and I am starting to dislike him and he has done nothing wrong at all and is actually amazing and understanding with me. I feel like I should stick this relationship out because I know its just my BPD going through the motions but I don't know If I will feel any different in the future?  Any advise would be welcome

Eagleheart

I was exactly like you in previous relationships, going from adoring them to hating the sight of them and dumping them after about 6 months. UNTIL I met my husband. Don't get me wrong, I still have times when I can't bear the sight of him. But I accept that it's not him. It's me. My BPD playing up. And I just ride out the feelings and they do pass. He is the love of my life and I worship him . He is a lovely man who is so understanding of my issues. And for that reason, we work really well together. But you must come to a place of acceptance and honesty about your BPD. If you can do that, you CAN have long term relationships. I've been with my husband for 26 years now.