Mental Health Forums

Hey, new here!

captainfalling

Hey folks!

I am new here, and to any sort of forum since about 2006!

I was diagnosed with BPD and a few other mental health conditions (ASD, depression, Bi-polar) as well as diabetes and serious nerve damage. This has all been over a period of about 7 years and I have had no support from mental health services or anything. The weekend just gone was a huge wake up call for me, I had spent the month beforehand completely off of my medication because I neglected myself to try and care for my partner and our daughter which ended up working out worse overall. Me and my partner almost broke up this weekend because I was a pretty major asshole due to my symptoms and not managing them. I am attempting to regain control and have restarted my meds and contacted a mental health service for support as well as joining here to be involved with others and hopefully learn from being part of a community.

I am looking forward to getting to know people here and growing through sharing!

Hi Cap,

Firstly, Welcome!

We can all be 'assholes', but what’s important is you are able to recognise times when this occurs and in doing so can communicate what’s going on to your partner.

You certainly have a lot going on, it may be worth taking a step back and devising a plan to enable you to manage everything. Ensuring, that in doing so you build in supports (where available) and implement your tried and tested coping mechanisms developed over the years.

Best Wishes

Archived